Pricing does not include applicable freight, setup, or documentation fees.
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500R
Efficient performance for the everyday rider. The Kawasaki Ninja 500R offers stable handling and friendly power delivery for new riders, couple with Ninja styling and willing performance for the more experienced motorcyclist. Providing excellent fuel economy and an affordalbe purchase price, the 500R is also a great choice for those who are looking to ease the crunch of soaring gas prices and add some fun to their daily commute. Expert and beginning riders will appreciate the Ninja 500R's liquid-cooled, inline twin-cylinder four-stroke engine. With dual overhead cams actuating four valves pper cylinder, the snappy motor is user-friendly and inspirational. Exploring the top end of this engines rev range is entertaining for even the most seasoned riders. The high-performance engine isn't the only selling point for the Ninja 500R. On twisty back roads, the bikes lightweight, compact design makes for a great-handling machine. This is complemented by Kawasakis UNI-TRAK rear suspension system, with a progressive linkage similar to the larger-displacemnt Ninja Models. The Ninja 500R also has the same sporty styling, which contribute to both form and function. The aerodynamic half-fairing provides wind protection for the rider, and is stylishly complemented by a lower fairing.
- Compact parallel-twin design
- Superior engineering produces sport bike power with broad usable torque
- Good mass centralization for superior handling
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
- Allows closer engine tolerances for more horsepower
- Includes temperature gauge
- Maintains optimum temperature for best performance, fuel economy and reliability
- Better breathing for more power at high rpm
- Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today's gasolines
- Boosts low-end torque
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
- Precise fuel metering provides uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
- Quick throttle response
- Microprocessor-controlled timing never needs adjustment
- Ultra-responsive to engine needs
- Provides excellent acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
- Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily, every time
- A Kawasaki exclusive
- Offers rider wind protection for more comfort
- Incorporates large, easy-to-read instruments with twin resettable trip meters
- Stylish lower fairing completes the Ninja® image
- High-tensile steel perimeter frame
- Lightweight, with superior rigidity for more precise handling and better control
- Centerstand included for convenience
- Large-diameter fork tubes with thin walls for light weight and exceptional rigidity
- Disc is drilled for better cooling and reduced unsprung weight
- Dual-piston caliper increases braking effectiveness
- Powerful and controllable
- Single-piston caliper
- Lowers the center of gravity for better handling
- Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride
- Lightweight aluminum components provide quick suspension response
- Wide, modern 17-inch rims fit low-profile, high-performance tires
- Permits easy parking, cleaning or servicing
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, DOHC, parallel twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 74.0 x 58.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin CVK34 x 2
- TCBI with digital advance
- Front Suspension
- 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.1 in.
- Rear Suspension
- UNI-TRAK® system with single shock / 3.9 in.
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 110/70x17 tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 130/70x17 tubeless
- 56.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.5 in.
- 27 degrees
- 3.6 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 388 lbs.
- Final Drive
- Kawasaki Lime Green / Ebony, New Candy Red / Ebony