Pricing does not include applicable freight, setup, or documentation fees.
2016 Honda Africa Twin - DCT ABS
Stock Image: Dakar Rally
Get Ready for True Adventure
It’s been a long wait. But—trust us—it’s worth it. The all-new Honda Africa Twin is the machine that will let you wander wherever your adventures take you. The 998cc parallel twin uses Honda’s exclusive four-valve Unicam® cylinder-head design for smooth, tractable power. Offered with either a six-speed manual gearbox or a new DCT transmission with selectable on- and off-road modes. The ultimate adventure comes this fall.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 8-valve Parallel Twin with 270° crank and Unicam
- Bore and Stroke: 92mm x 75.1mm
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate with coil springs, aluminum cam assist and slipper clutch
- Transmission: 6-speed DCT with on and off-road riding modes
- Final Drive: O-ring sealed chain
- Torque Control System (HSTC): HSTC 3-levels + switch-off
- Frame Type: Steel semi-double cradle type with high-tensile strength steel rear sub-frame
- ABS System: ABS 2-channel with rear ABS off switch
- Front Brake: 310mm dual wave floating hydraulic disc with aluminum hub and radial fit 4-piston calipers and sintered metal pads
- Rear Brake: 256mm wave hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads. Also Lever-Lock Type Parking Brake System on DCT model
- Front Tire: 90/90-R21 tube type
- Rear Tire: 150/70-R18 tube type
- Wheelbase: 62.0 in.
- Seat Height: Standard position 34.3/Low position 33.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 534 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 4.96 gal.
- Model ID: TBD
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Dakar Rally, Digital Metallic Silver
- One Year: Transferable, Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke 8-valve Parallel Twin with 270 deg. crank and Unicam
- Bore and Stroke
- 92mm x 75.1mm
- Front Brakes
- 310mm dual wave floating hydraulic disc with aluminum hub and radial fit 4-piston calipers and sintered metal pads
- Rear Brakes
- 256mm wave hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Front Tire
- 90/90-R21 tube type
- Rear Tire
- 150/70-R18 tube type
- 62.0 in.
- Seat Height
- Standard: 34.3 in.; Low: 33.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.96 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 534 lb.
- 6-speed DCT with on and off-road riding modes
- Final Drive
- O-ring sealed chain
- Dakar Rally, Digital Metallic Silver
- One Year Transferable, Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.