Pricing does not include applicable freight, setup, or documentation fees.
2016 Honda Shadow - Phantom
Stock Image: Light Silver Metallic
Embrace Your Dark Side.
If you want people to listen to you, a whisper can be louder than a shout. That’s the idea here: If you want to stand out in a world full of chrome and bright colors, maybe more chrome isn’t the answer. Maybe less is. Take one look at the Honda Shadow Phantom and you’re going to know that’s true. The Phantom is for riders who want a great bike, who love to ride and who want to make a powerful statement. Its blacked-out 745cc V-twin engine, black rims with matte silver highlights, bobbed fenders, spoked wheels and beefy front fork all set it apart from most of the other customs on the road. The V-twin engine’s throaty exhaust sounds just right. And the Phantom’s slightly more upright seating position is just right for both longer rides and boulevard cruising. Best of all? That has to be the Phantom’s low price tag. It’s time to go over to the dark side—in style, on a Honda Phantom.
There’s No Substitute for V-Twin Power: The Shadow Phantom’s 745cc V-twin engine features Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), ensuring easy cold-weather starting and seamless, all-condition fuel delivery.
The Phantom Look: Black engine, frame, rims and handlebar—all ever-so-perfectly accented with matte silver highlights—that’s the Phantom’s trademark look. It’s a machine everyone is going to take seriously.
Engineered for the Long Run: The Phantom’s durable and virtually maintenance-free shaft final drive ensures smooth, dependable power delivery to the asphalt. No hassles, no grease flying everywhere. Just smooth, quiet power transfer.
- V-Twin Engine: Nothing pumps out the torque like a big V-twin. The Phantom’s power makes it perfect for both around-town cruising, commutes and casual weekend-long rides.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow's fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Five-Speed Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed transmission lets you cruise the boulevard at a low, unhurried pace, yet allows you hop on the highway without revving the engine through the roof.
- 2-into-2 Exhaust System: Sleek pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
- Shorty Front Fender: Minimalist front fender gives the Shadow Phantom a lighter, cleaner, more progressive look.
- Spoked Wheels: Spoked black wheels and hubs feature a 120/90-17 front tire and 160/80-15 rear tire to complete the overall custom look.
- Front-Disc Brake: If there’s one place you don’t want retro performance, it’s your brakes. That’s why we gave the Shadow Phantom a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power.
- Gunfighter Saddle: Sleek, one-piece gunfighter-type seat is comfortable and looks great too.
- Low Seat Height: Skimming the pavement at just 25.7 inches, the Phantom’s low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Phantom’s narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
- Stylish Finish: Bobber-inspired styling with extensive blacked-out and matte finishes.
- Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 79 mm x 76 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 34 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tire: 120/90-17
- Rear Tire: 160/80-15
- Rake: 34 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 161 mm (6.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 64.6 in.
- Seat Height: 25.8 in.
- Curb Weight: 549 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal., including 0.9-gal. reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 56 MPG
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Light Silver Metallic
- Model Id: VT750C2B
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 34 mm throttle body
- Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 25.8 in.
- 34 deg. (Caster Angle)
- 161 mm (6.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- 56 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 549 lb.
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- Black, Light Silver Metallic
- One Year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.