Pricing does not include applicable freight, setup, or documentation fees.
2016 Yamaha WR 250R
Advanced Dual Sport
The WR250R offers high-end components and performance making it one of the most advanced dual sport bikes.
- YZ-F Developed Dual Sport: Directly descended from our YZ motocrossers and WR off-road machines, the WR250R is here to make Yamaha’s off-road prowess street accessible.
- Off-Road Focused Performance: Not exactly an enduro model and not a streetbike either, the WR250R is for riders who ride off-road more than on.
- High-Tech Four-Stroke Powerplant: 250cc liquid-cooled, DOHC engine with two titanium intake valves and two steel exhausts, forged piston and plated cylinder for outstanding durability.
- Advanced, High-Revving Cylinder Design: Pentroof combustion chamber with downdraft-type straight intake helps make excellent power across the rev band, with maximum power at 10,000 rpm.
- Fuel Injection: First use of fuel injection on a 250 Yamaha on/off-road bike. The system relies on input from a crank sensor, intake air pressure sensor and throttle position sensor feeding a compact ECU to provide optimum combustion.
- EXUP® Exhaust: An ECU-controlled EXUP® exhaust valve, along with an electronic intake control valve, broadens the powerband.
- Durable Engine Internals: High-lift cams have WPC surface treatment in which the surface is sprayed with fine powder at over 100 meters per second to increase surface hardness.
- Compact Engine: Three-axis engine layout keeps the engine compact. Wet sump tucks between frame rails to keep the engine height down.
- High-Performance Generator: Rare earth-type ACM alternator keeps the weight down while providing all the current needed to run the FI and lighting systems.
- Coil-On-Plug Ignition: Direct ignition coil sits atop the spark plug—another first on a Yamaha on-off road model.
- 6-Speed Transmission: Six-speed gearbox provides a wide spread of ratios, with shower-type lubrication for reliability. A special light-action clutch makes shifting a snap.
- Compact Muffler: Tucked-in, three-chamber muffler helps keep mass centralized and the bike quiet.
- YZ-Style Chassis: YZ/WR250-inspired semi-double-cradle frame uses a main frame of cast and forged aluminum sections, with high-strength steel downtubes for excellent strength and rigidity characteristics.
- Advanced Swingarm: Asymmetrical swingarm provides excellent strength/rigidity balance and a dynamic look. Cast aluminum crossmembers, extruded arms and a 22mm rear axle are carefully tuned for optimum handling.
- Fully Adjustable Forks: Fully adjustable 46mm fork provides 10.6 inches of wheel travel. A forged lower triple clamp and a cast upper one help give outstanding front-end feel. An aluminum steering stem reduces weight.
- Linkage-Style Shock: Linkage-mounted rear shock provides 10.6 inches of travel with adjusters for compression damping, rebound damping and spring preload—and features a 14mm rod and 46mm cylinder for excellent damping and fade resistance.
- Dual Wave-Type Disc Brakes: Wave brake rotors front and rear, including a large 250mm front disc, reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Rear pedal is forged aluminum.
- Narrow, Rider-Focused Ergonomics: A slim, steel fuel tank is shaped with knee grip in mind, and the entire ergonomic layout is designed to make the rider feel like part of the bike.
- Racing-Derived Saddle: Narrow, YZ-inspired seat features gripper-type cover for great seat-of-the-pants feel. Seat height is 36.6 inches.
- Enduro Instruments: WR enduro-style instrument panel provides excellent visibility in spite of the compact size. Basic mode provides speed, clock, tripmeter and self-diagnostic function. Measurement mode includes a stopwatch and distance-compensating tripmeter.
- Compact Bodywork: Minimalist front and rear fenders are designed for function, simplicity, and lightness. Bodywork with separate radiator heat outlet helps keep engine and rider cool.
- High-Visibility Lighting: Lightweight headlight and LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
- Engine Type: 250cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.8:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition; direct ignition coil
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Inverted fork, fully adjustable; 10.6-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, fully adjustable; 10.6-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc, 250mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc, 230mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21
- Tires / Rear: 120/80-18
- L x W x H: 85.6 in. x 31.9 in. x 48.4 in.
- Seat Height: 36.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.9 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.7 deg.
- Trail: 4.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 11.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal. / CA model, 1.9 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 71 mpg
- Wet Weight: 295 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition; direct ignition coil
- Front Suspension
- Inverted fork, fully adjustable; 10.6-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, fully adjustable; 10.6-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc, 250mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc, 230mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 36.6 in.
- 26.7 deg.
- 4.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.0 gal.
- 71 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 295 lb.
- Constant-mesh 6-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)