Pricing does not include applicable freight, setup, or documentation fees.
2019 Honda CBR500R
Call for Price
Stock Image: Matte Gray Metallic (ABS Model Shown)
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Balanced Performance: The New CBR500R.
The Honda CBR500R is one of our most popular streetbikes, and it's easy to see why. It's just about the perfect combination of performance, versatility and price. And for 2019 this feisty road warrior is even better, with a whole menu full of improvements.
For starters, we gave it more power, more aggressive styling, a nicer sound, and a whole bunch of other functional upgrades. What didn't change? The near magical balance of size, performance, and handling. Oh, and an affordable price, too. So go ahead, live a little. Don't be afraid—the CBR500R's not too hot, but we guarantee it'll get your interest the minute you twist the throttle.
- LED Headlights: The CBR500R sports a pair of powerful LED headlights in a restyled lens housing this year. They're small and light, throw out an amazing amount of illumination, and feature a stylish shape. The design also increases the engine's intake airflow.
- New Digital Instrumentation: A new LCD screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CBR500R's aluminum Y-spoke cast wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another feature that just makes sense.
- Supersport Styling: Take a close look. Like what you see? The CBR500R's new, aggressive styling comes with two great color options for 2019, that keeps it right at the front of the pack in terms of eye-appeal. The aerodynamic bodywork also provides significant advantages in air management for added rider comfort, along with a low drag coefficient and effective cooling.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle's frame is the basis for its handling. Stronger and lighter, the CBR500R's diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- Step Seat: The CBR500R offers a stepped two-piece seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or winding roads, it also offers room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CBR500R's engine is one of our best ever. With increased low-end horsepower and torque this year, the parallel-twin offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): Available ABS on the CBR500R helps you make confident stops under less-than-ideal conditions.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR500R features special shock settings for improved ride comfort. Its sophisticated chassis uses Honda's Pro-Link® rear suspension; the nine-stage preload and 4.7 inches of travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): PGM-FI continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, ensuring a crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding. New fuel injectors for 2019 increase power and torque in the midrange.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm disc brake and 240mm rear feature drilled, petal-style rotors that provide strong stopping power. The front-brake lever is also adjustable for a perfect fit.
- Slipper/Assist Clutch: A new slipper/assist clutch lets us lighten up the clutch-lever effort by 45 percent, but automatically locks up tight when you release it.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: With a new dual-outlet muffler this year that sounds even better, this beautifully polished stainless-steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for clean, functional design. The exhaust tucks in tight for better mass centralization (and consequently better handling).
- Smoother Transmission: Our engineers reprofiled the shift dogs in the transmission to help you get smoother shifts every time. You'll never see these parts, but you'll feel their effects.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Full transistorized
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/41T
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.3 inches travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70R-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 degrees
- Trail: 102mm (4.0 inches)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 inches
- Seat Height: 30.9 inches
- Curb Weight: 419 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Model ID: CBR500R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Grand Prix Red, Matte Gray Metallic
- One Year Included: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty
- Optional Extended: Extended coverage available with a HondaCare Protection Plan®
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0mm x 66.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Full transistorized
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/41T
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240mm disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 102mm (4.0 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 419 lb.
- Grand Prix Red, Matte Gray Metallic
- One Year Included Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty