Pricing does not include applicable freight, setup, or documentation fees.
9999 Honda Marine BF2.3 - 20 in. Portable Outboard
The best things come in small packages.
And that’s especially true with Honda’s BF2.3, one of the world’s lightest four-stroke outboards. The BF2.3 is so light, it rivals many two-stroke 2HP engines and electric motors, without the battery!
But just because it’s lightweight doesn’t mean we cut back on the power. The BF2.3 features 15% more power over its predecessor. Plus we added a 12% larger internal gas tank, which provides for about one hour of operation at wide open throttle. It’s a technologically advanced design that gives you power and performance – without sacrificing portability.
- Reliable, efficient 4-stroke design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- More power - without sacrificing portability: With 15% more horsepower over its predecessor, this ultra light weight powerhouse produces surprising speed and maneuverability.
- Lightweight and compact: The BF2.3 is incredibly light and easy to transport. Weighing less than 30 pounds, it's the ideal engine for dinghys, car-toppers and other types of small boats.
- Precise Throttle Control: A twist grip throttle allows for precise throttle control. The throttle tensioner minimizes driver fatigue.
- Forced air cooled engine - no water pump worries: The air-cooled block eliminates concern over clogged water pumps and debris being sucked into the powerhead, as well as reducing maintenance.
- Ultra low 3 star CARB emissions - Environmentally concious technology: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- True 5 Warranty - unmatched peace of mind: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
- Easy starting, maintenance free transistor ignition: Maintenance-free, high-energy output for quick and easy starts.
- Easy to carry and install: A front mounted carrying handle provides superior portability and ease of installation.
- 360° swivel steering - added manueverability: Provides excellent maneuverability in tight areas as well as full thrust in reverse (at 180°).
- Centrifugal clutch - better performance: The centrifugal clutch maintains a smooth idle and when advanced, automatically engages the prop above idle speed. It's like having a neutral position.
- Convenient fold down tiller: The BF2.3's tiller folds up or down for easy stowing.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process, sacrificial anodes, stainless steel technology, and waterproof connectors enhance corrosion protection.
- Internal fuel tank - easier portability: With 12% more capacity over its predecessor, the BF2.3 now runs up to 60 minutes at full throttle on a tank of fuel. The internal tank facilitates easy removal and portability as a single unit.
- Easy maintenance: Convenient oil fill and drain.
- Steering friction adjustment: Allows you to adjust steering tension for ease in maneuverability.
- Adjustable trim: Four manual settings ensure proper trim angle for maximum performance.
- Shallow Water Drive: Allows you to run in shallow water and greatly reduces the risk of engine damage.
- Propeller included: A shock resistant plastic propeller comes standard.
- Carburetor drain screw for easy storage prep: Allows quick and easy draining of the carburetor's float bowl for extended storage periods.
- Dual lockable transom clamps: Provides extra security when mounted to the transom.
- Sheer and cotter pin keeper: The self-contained keeper stores two extra sets of cotter and sheer pins close at hand, so you'll be prepared if and when you need them.
- 15 and 20 inch configurations: Available in 15" or 20" configurations to meet your specific application.
- Type: 4-Stroke OHV, 1 Cylinder/2 Valves
- Displacement: 57.2 cc (3.49 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 45 mm x 36 mm (1.8 x 1.4 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Rated Power: 2.3 hp (1.7 kW)
- Cooling System: Forced Air
- Ignition System: Transistorized
- CARB Rating (California): 3-STAR, ultra low emission
- Fuel: Unleaded 86 octane
- Fuel Tank Capacity: .29 US gal. (1.1L)
- Starting System: Recoil
- Exhaust: Under Water, Above Propeller
- Lubrication: Oil Slinger System
- Trim Range: 4-Stage: 5 deg., 10 deg.,15 deg., 20 deg.
- Tilt Range: 75 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.42:1
- Steering Angle: 360 deg. pivot
- Propeller: 3-Blade Plastic
- Diameter x Pitch: 7.25 x 4.75 in.
- Overall Width: 285 mm / 11.2 in.
- L Type: 571 mm / 22.5 in
- L-Type: 14 kg / 31 lb.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke OHV, 1 Cylinder/2 Valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 45 mm x 36 mm
- 57.2 cc (3.49 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 22.5 in. (571 mm)
- 31 lb. (14 kg)
- Trim Method
- 4-Stage: 5 deg., 10 deg.,15 deg., 20 deg.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 2.3 hp (1.7 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- Forced Air
- True 5 Warranty